View Single Post
Old 06-11-2002, 01:35 PM   #196
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Menelduliniel watches everyone abandon her, even Legolas. She sighs...

"Why does everyone always do that?" Menelduliniel muses, "I always get left alone...no, wait! Not true...I usually abandon others...well, I guess I deserve this then. Wait! No! They didn't abandon me! I'll abandon them! I'll show them...I take a ship...and sail...and sail...on a wild adventure!"

An inner voice within Meneli sighed at this. Her inner voices were getting quite fed up of Meneli's vanity.

OOC: Meneli is Menelduliniel's nickname. It is pronounced Me-ne-lee.

Meneli wandered back to the shore, looked for a boat to steal, found there was none, then got briefly distracted by something shiny. Upon further investigation, it was nothing much, just a rock, but...shiny was shiny!

She then makes the most stupid decision she's ever made in all the many thousands of years she's been alive:
"I'll SWIM across!" Meneli said.

She gets her stuff together, and leaves it on the beach. She sets out swimming.

"This isn't so bad!" Meneli thought...all of about 10 yards out...

She swam and swam (she was a fairly good swimmer), and, eventually, started to get tired.

"Blah, just a little further, I'm sure," Meneli thought...but it wasn't a little further!

She swam some more, 'til she could hardly swim.

"Oh, poo!" Meneli thought, "Now what?"

Coincidentally (notice how stuff like this always happens?), a boat came along just at that moment.

"OOO! A BOAT!" Meneli thought, "I'M SAVED!"

She waved the boat down and got onto the deck, soaking wet and shivering.

"Well, you got saved again," Meneli thought, disgusted, "One of these days, Meneli, you SHOULD drown..."

She told that boat it could take her wherever, but they said they could only drop her on a small island close by.

After they left her on the island, Meneli got to thinking.
"NOW what am I going to do?" she despaired, "Ai, well, I'll think of something!"

She sat down to either think or wait for help...

"HEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!"