View Single Post
Old 03-22-2002, 05:46 AM   #32
Amarinth
Wight

Amarinth has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

hi hi, barrow-wight. please accept humble praise from me for your fabulous fabulous site, that which has no equal elsewhere in the realm of ea!

i'm relatively new here at the boards, but have been checking BD for nearly two years now and other sites too pretty much the same time. it is so true that that there are too many sites or boards to send any tolkien fan mad, that one tends to read off as much as possible and get little time left to do anything else, like post. this is precisely my experience with the tolkien boards and just lately i've decided to settle down at BD and chuck the rest. let me throw in my compliments along with the others about what great stuff you've got going here, this IS an awesome site, and judging from the posts you've attracted members so diverse and individually interesting that there is no way to go but bigger and bigger. 'course you needn't hear from me, you know all this! [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

anyway, what i wanted to say was, it's only a matter of time before people start to congregate and start off on their own even within the boards. huge shows have spin-offs too. even without the ezboards you can sense this from the BD boards themselves, as members begin choosing which topics, members, levels of discourse interest them and congregate accordingly. maybe it is only natural for one or more congregations to become regulars and for other aggregates to spin in and out of the boards, i don't really know for certain. but this i do know, that part of the reason why one chooses to drop in again and again is a sense of belonging. and i feel i belong here -others may say "the nerve!", so okay okay, i want to belong here!

and so on this note, many people can be kept here at BD if everyone felt welcome, and judging by the membership you've a very welcome and homey site here! cross my fingers that it stays that way. yeah maybe it some topics or congregations get too intellectual, freaky or happy(?) to scare many off, but one neat thing about the BD is, as someone way up the thread said, there is an implicit level of politeness here that everyone seems to observe. that's really something and i hope it maintains.

the secret flame lives!

---------------------------------------------
every man's life is apath to the truth -- hesse