View Single Post
Old 09-20-2003, 08:33 AM   #343
Snowdog
Emperor of the South Pole

Snowdog is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Tolkien

I appreciate the sentiments Nerindel, and after carefully re-reading the whole RP, I see that changing the names will not really work without starting alot of other complications, not to mention alot of unnecessary work on everyones part. Since I, and everyone else had a bit of time to think, I pondered that which I am doing to all of you here, and again apologize. I want to make it easy to keep going, and the doubts can impede the creativity everyone in this Story has, so I propose for your consideration two alternatives to keep things flowing smoothly:
  • 1. Hanasían meets another Ranger he knows along the road to Bree and gives him the pouch & belt (forgot about this), and any information that he had, and this Ranger that Nerindel (or someone else) creates takes over, so the RP dynamic from this point will have him in it instead of Hanasían. I can post the exchange bewteen Hanasían and this Ranger, then Nerindel or if an NCE, anyone can write from there for this Ranger. This accomplishes two things. One is it effectively writes out Hanasían from the story without causing much, if any, problem with the back-story, and also introduces the other Ranger.
  • 2. Hanasían stays in the story as an NCE, which I am have mixed feelings about. I am somewhat loathe to do this as NCEs usually are handled with less care than one's own character, and I am afraid he would be made out as somewhat of a dolt. Hanasían is a character born out of an RP I was in for a couple years (He was born at the end of Shadow over Arnor, which has more the story of his father and mother in it) so I guess I am quite protective of him. On the other hand I am sort of interested to see what other people would come up with when provided his Character bio. Like I said... mixed feelings.
Either one of these two alternatives would make the transition much easier for everyone involved. Any thoughts/opinions?