View Single Post
Old 06-17-2003, 11:02 AM   #17
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
Sting

Quote:
Thats your opinion and you are free to have it, but I think that if you look into what he wrote about Sam and Aragorn you see how deeply there character was developed, to the point that some wonder who the main character was in the books.

Yeah, I agree with you. Some of the characters are developed to a point where you start wondering about who the main character really is. Then after reading LOTR I don't really see a "clear" main character. They ( the fellowship ) are all "main", I think. Well it was Frodo that was going to be the ring-bearer and cast it into the fire of Mount Doom ,but I feel that in different parts of the book it's discribed more of one character than another. In the Fellowship of the rings, Frodo is the main caharacter, with Sam. But when they start spiltting up, it gets more complicated .( at leats I think so) Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli becomes the main characters in book TTT, first book, because Tolkien only described their situation and their thoughts, we don't know what's happening to the others. When you come to TTT, book four, it's Frodo and Sam again. and so on...

Do anyone understand what I mean?

Well that's my opinion [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Orofâniel [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]