View Single Post
Old 01-12-2004, 02:24 PM   #158
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Novnarwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Novnarwen Send a message via Yahoo to Novnarwen
Pipe

Thanks Pio, for pasting my previous post up! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Alright! Here is my post! Thank you very much for your patience. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] (I believe everyone knows where it should be placed.. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img])

Hedgar

Hedgar woke at the break of dawn, by the rays of the sun; streaming trough the curtains, making it immensely light. The Hobbit rolled over and down on the floor, now being fully awake. He grabbed his dressing gown and went silently out of the room, shutting the door carefully; Rosie was still asleep. Hedgar made his way to Fippi's room. He stood still for a moment, waiting, listening if there were any signs of life inside. After a few minutes passing, the Hobbit man made his move. With a gracious movement he opened the door and slid in.

At first, Hedgar grinned, seeing Fippi laying in his bed, or that was what he thought he had seen. Soon enough Hedgar understood that he had been very much mistaken; it was only a doll of some kind. The Hobbit grabbed the doll by the hair, stared into its' eyes, before throwing it across the room hearing a little *boom* as it hit the wall. He heard a vague sound coming from Rosie's bedroom; she would soon wake up, Hedgar knew that. He felt his hand getting sweaty as he reluctantly picked the doll up from the floor and threw it back on the bed. This time, with no real force. Hedgar left the room moments later before getting another 'doll-attack.'

What am I supposed to do? Hedgar thought angrily being disappointed that his so called 'plan' hadn't worked. Now, not only, would Fippi be in big trouble when Rosie figured all of this out (she would, eventually, and her Hobbit Sense would help her getting to the truth); He, Hedgar would be in even bigger trouble! The Hobbit slammed his head desperately against the wall regretting it the very moment he realised he had done it; what if Rose had heard? Besides, it was terribly painful!

"Ehm... ehm..Don't mind me dear... It's nothing.. dear.. nothing at all.. everything is under... under control," he stammered to his own rescue, taking one hand to his forehead (where the pain was worst), rubbing gently. The other hand found its way to his mouth. The terrible headache was intolerable, and the Hobbit had to take his hand into his mouth and bite his jaws together, to prevent screaming.

Light-footed, Hedgar ran towards the front door. "I think I see Fippi by the mills," he pressed forwards, still having half of his hand in his mouth. "I'll go and look for him and bring him back for breakfast in a little while," he managed to say before springing out the door, slamming it shut behind him. He ran out, not caring if Rosie had heard it; she was still in bed, and would probably stay there for a while more.

"Neat!" Hedgar muttered to himself. "Here I am; in pyjamas, no breakfast, no shaving and only one silver coin!" He reached after the coin in his dressing gown, which he still wore. "Well, well," he said grinning, meanwhile looking at the coin, now feeling a bit pleased about himself.

Hedgar ran quickly away from the doorstep and the hobbit hole. One would never know if Rosie stood 'lurking' in the window, being suspicious about Hedgar's behaviour.

He trudged slowly away, calling for Fippi now and then. Soon, but naturally with that stomach, he became tired and the sweat started running down from his back. He realised that he had turned in a totally different direction than intended, and now he had ended up near the Prancing Pony. He smirked as he saw his opportunity. Ale, this time a day must be a record, he thought, getting rather cheerful by this thought. He forgot what he was really out for, and headed towards the Inn in a great pace, or rather the greatest pace a Hobbit like Hedgar could make.

There was a faint light in the Inn. Only a few people sat at the benches, most being slightly drunk or half asleep. None however, came to Hedgar's attention. He made his way to the desk, where he laid the silver coin and ordered a pint. The woman standing behind seemed to be very surprised by this customer; drinking this time a day. Hedgar felt the smell of fresh ale. It was delicious and he seemed to be forgetting his real task; to find Fippi. Hedgar settled at one of the benches, alone. He sipped his ale, now and then trying to remember why he was even here. He shrugged as he drank hit ale in big gulps.

"Hedgar?"

It was a woman, who appeared in front of him. At first he ignored her, but figured soon that this was Miz Andreth; Fippi's teacher. He smiled, drying the areas around his mouth with the back of his hand.

"Miz.. Andreth!" he said, happy to finally talk to someone. "I am really sorry about my behaviour, the pea-episode, I mean," he said snorting.

The woman told him not to worry and that she would be sceptic too, if her boy had been treated so badly at school. Hedgar smiled again, approving.

"So, what makes you drop by this time a day?" she asked gently, looking at the Hobbit.

Hedgar, who had completely forgot what he was really up too, shrugged and bit his lip. He took another draught of his ale, while thinking as hard as possible. "That reminds me..." he started, still being unsure. He slid his finger up and down the flagon, frowning. "Ah!!" he suddenly burst out. Miz Andreth looked questioningly at him, her eyes wide open. "Fippi... he's gone missing.. And, I am .. well.." he said. "I wwas looking for him," he finished.

"Missing? How?"

"Last night. Fippi confessed he was going out with some.. some.." Hedgar said trying to avoid the Innkeeper's look. "Friends from school! And I told him to come home soon, but he hasn't been home yet!"

"Friends from school? Edmund??" With this Andreth walked quickly away from the table, where Hedgar was sitting. Hedgar, who got quite confused by this, chose to follow after, bringing his pint along, though.

Thanks again!

Let me know if it needs editing, please!

Cheers,
Nova

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 3:54 PM January 14, 2004: Message edited by: Novnarwen ]