View Single Post
Old 06-12-2005, 06:38 PM   #9
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanimaEdhel
Every fangirl and her mother it seemed were wandering in there and making a beautiful, golden-haired elf shieldmaiden with blue eyes - named something like Lhunsilwenbainmorsuiladmenelaldardulincelinduialie lienwen - usurped from power (lovechild of Elrond and some hot elf lass), and having her wander off on a quest to win the heart of Legolas.
Oh, Vanima, how little thou rememb'rest! It was red hair and green eyes, every last loving one of them, and nearly all long lost orphans too. And oh how they could ride! Eminent horsewomen too, without a lock of hair blowing in a manner unbecoming.

But let me not be accused of sexism. I think we had our fair share--oh, very fair!--of sternly jawed, well muscled men of ardour, whose strong-armed swordplay showed greater fealty to steel's edge and maidenly blush than to Strider's lonely campaigns.

Yes, things certainly have 'cimmered' down.

But, to return to topic, I rate threads that I find myself reading even if I don't post--the discussion/wit/humour carries me along. I love giving praise where praise is due! And I do note which threads get rated. It tells me something about at least a few of the Downers here, where lie their preferences. Is this just me, a bit of a modding habit?

EDIT: The old system was a rating of members and it could be turned off at the member's discretion. The new rep system is for ... posts and threads. And you know, Eomer, if you want us to go trouping after some thread to consider your discussion, it would vastly improve the response rate if you provide a link for us lazy gits.

Last edited by Bęthberry; 06-12-2005 at 08:28 PM.
Bęthberry is offline   Reply With Quote