Thread: The White Horse
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2003, 09:41 PM   #340
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Orual has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Rie's green eyes widened at Eohsecg's question. Beautiful? Unconsciously she touched her face. She had never thought of herself as beautiful. She would have loved to have a long, elegant nose like her mother, or her elder brother Alanai's large, slightly tilted eyes, or maybe to have had a face without the light freckles that were scattered around the bridge of her nose--not too many people noticed those, but Rie was always aware of them. Beautiful? Her?

While all of these thoughts were passing through her mind, the only thing that came out of her mouth was "No, not other than my parents and brothers." She blushed. That wasn't the right thing to say!

Talômi's eyes widened as well, but not for the same reason. What arrogance! The boy--suddenly Eohsecg was no longer a young man, but a boy, even with his seniority to Talômi--had only met Rie today, and suddenly he was calling her beautiful! Not to say she wasn't, of course, but...but...he had no right!

A small voice in the back of his head asked, why not? He would have told a pretty girl that she was attractive. He had, on occasion. Why was it different with his sister?

Either way, this was Rie's fight. He would protect her if it came to that, but he had to wait it out. Rie said, "No, not other than my parents and brother," and he sat heavily back in his seat and crossed his arms, glaring daggers at Eohsecg. The ball was in his court now.