View Single Post
Old 01-26-2007, 04:45 PM   #247
The Elf-warrior
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Elf-warrior is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via Skype™ to The Elf-warrior
Robemblind Bank gives fridge account!

By Michael Delving

On January 21, 2007, at 3:21 P.M., an orange refrigerator walked into a branch of the Robemblind Bank and opened an account. Bank spokesperson Grishwen Bilgewater said, "I don't see any problem with it. He produced all the required documents." Thenamir, the Minister of Moola, was not available for comment but The Barrow-Wight was furious. "What is this world coming to? Doesn't everybody know that refrigerators are not legal persons? I mean they don't have a mind of their own like PCs. The Saucepan Man said, "This is definitely illegal. The refrigerator is only 6 months old." DCI Lalwendė chased away this reporter yelling, "Go away, you blood-sucking gossipmongering half-wit excuse for a huming(sic) being.!" The orange refrigerator, who calls himself Bob, said, "I think the prejudice people are showing towards me is disappointing. The organic essentialist view of personhood has been made obsolete by me and other intelligent machines. I am fully sentient. Age is not relevant to non-biological persons. After a short period of booting up I was fully functional. You know something; I haven't heard any fuss about Lt. Data opening a bank account. I think his humanoid form goes a long way to reducing prejudice against him."