View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 02:03 PM   #774
Flame of Udûn
Animated Skeleton

Flame of Udûn has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Flame of Udûn
Arandon saw this stranger enter and despised him from the first moment his eyes laid upon him, he knew all to well this sort and though in a busier place he may have been able to avoid him here he had no such chance. It was obvious from the manner of the hobbit that his distaste for the man was great also.

The man looked past him and spoke, his words bore not the respect that was certainly due to one of the Dunedain and the scorn with which he put upon her sex he could not allow, he spoke calmly but with anger coursing through his veins and seeping through in his words.
'I shall not allow you to speak thus least of all to one who is a protector of you and your kin in Bree for with the people in the north you would be harried by orcs and much else besides I don't doubt. You speak in scorn of someone you and I know not, and why do you do this, simply because she is female?' He could not contain his anger any longer and leaned over the man shouting down at him. 'And yet I say to you that she had shown more bravery and honour by the age of 5 than you will show in your lifetime, the post of a Ranger is not a birthright it must be earned and any with sense will never to actively seek their anger. If your only words are those of poison then hold your tongue else I may see fit to remove it.'

Arandon knew there would likely be a retribution for this and yet he cared not, he had faced many a more terrible foe during his last few years he calmed himself and turned away from the man.

'Now where were we?' he said to Aeron with a smile creeping to the corners of his mouth as he baited the man who had so rudely interrupted them almost hoping he would strike and give him some chance to release an anger that had been with him for many years now.