View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 04:52 PM   #104
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Silli, I wanted to ensure we are not going to be uncanonical!
Yes, yes, canonicity guard strikes once again...

Anyway, I'd like to say two things to everybody now that I still remember - there are two things you should come up with for your characters in case you already haven't.
1) You should think what your character has mainly been doing in the colony, how is his/her ordinary life there. Writing will be difficult if you don't know this.
2) You should think about which other characters your character knows. It will be easier if you have friends or family around. Also, the colony is after all rather small, so you've probably at least seen almost everybody, so it would make sense you'd know at least one of the other characters. And like I said, it's always easier to start if you have someone you can easily interact with...
I will look for possible friends/acquaintances/enemies/relatives for my characters tomorrow and then make some suggestions. Right now, I'm too tired to take up such task and it's late anyway...