View Single Post
Old 02-01-2003, 07:27 AM   #19
doug*platypus
Delver in the Deep

doug*platypus has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Weird! Still, it's probably his least flattering picture. Yeah, he does look strange as Aragorn. But doesn't Viggo? If anything, I think the animated Aragorn beats both of them. I can't decide if Stuart looks more like Blackadder, or Baldrick!<P>Stuart Townsend had probably read the books before turning up (Viggo glanced at them on the plane to NZ). His artistic differences with PJ were probably something like "What in god's name was wrong with the Aragorn in the book?!" I'd definitely be keen for someone with a less ethnic accent, though. Viggo's mixed bag of enunciation comes off stronger than even Liv Tyler's. It's the English language version, after all. Why didn't they just cast Chow Yun-Fat as Legolas?<P>Interesting about the chick from High Fidelity as a possible Éowyn. She definitely looks the part, but might be a little too small and wussy for it. I always thought Cate Blanchett would have been perfect (not that she wasn't perfect for Galadriel as well!) - <A HREF="http://forum.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=4&t=001594" TARGET=_blank>see here</A>.