View Single Post
Old 01-27-2004, 11:26 AM   #59
Mister Underhill
Dread Horseman

Mister Underhill has been trapped in the Barrow!
Eye

Well, well, well. It appears that I may be feeling for Oscar's pulse somewhere in the vicinity of the stomach.

Nevertheless, I'll stick by my prediction -- unless Jackson wins the DGA award, in which case I may have to recant. It's not like the Academy to "wait to reward all three", but then again I guess there's never quite been a situation like LotR. Whether it wins or not, it has been an extraordinary accomplishment.

Interesting that Master and Commander had such a strong showing. I wasn't expecting so much out of it, but I guess Peter Weir is highly respected and for some reason the Academy loves Russell Crowe.

That fact that Depp got the nod for his silly (though accomplished) turn in PotC may be a sign that the Academy is moving away from its trademark stodginess.

I think Miramax's aggressive campaigning tactics finally backfired on Cold Mountain. Politics, anyone?

My prediction for Hans Zimmer didn't happen. I think the only real competition for RotK in Score is Finding Nemo.

Lack of a Sound Editing nomination may indicate that Sound will go in another direction, but Makeup seems like a lock, as is, I would think, Visual Effects.

Friday is the deadline for DGA ballots and the awards are on February 7. Very interesting.

[ 12:27 PM January 27, 2004: Message edited by: Mister Underhill ]
Mister Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote