View Single Post
Old 02-23-2003, 01:29 AM   #21
Bekah
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: Several miles over the madness horizon and accelerating
Bekah has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Bekah
Sting

I commend your efforts, Squatter, and I thank you for opening the thread. I agree with a lot of what you say.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> but with subjects like these films, people like to get their feelings off the chest, and I think that's fine--I read, and get a sense of how many people thing this or that, then I go on. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>May I suggest that a thread be opened somewhere where people can do this, on the condition that they do not keep restating their views - especially if they are not willing to back them up with reasons - on other threads. At least, if they do not do it objectively, respecting other people's views.<P>As Willie was saying, there aren't, as Squatter claims, merely two camps. Yes, there are those. There are also others, such as the ones in the middle, and the ones who lean towards one side or the other, but not far enough to topple over. And there is the other camp - the one which is not really interested in the movie, but merely in the actors playing in it. And for the 'nothings-is-wrong-with-the-movies' camp, there are two groups of that - the one that has not read the books and the ones who have. Although, on second thoughts, there are not very many in this latter camp, as there are many who have one quibble or another with the movie, even if they approve the rest.<P>But anyway, this, although not Tolkien-related, is a good thread as it will encourage people to post intelligently on more LOTR-orientated subjects. I know I've not done so sometimes in the past and I'm sorry.<P>Good night all.<P>~ Elentari II<p>[ February 26, 2003: Message edited by: Bekah ]
Bekah is offline   Reply With Quote