View Single Post
Old 01-06-2005, 12:08 PM   #45
narfforc
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

narfforc has been trapped in the Barrow!
Tolkien

I only wrote Angmar because it is quicker and I am a lazy orc, I shall write out a thousand times The Lord of the Nazgul was known as The Witch-King of Angmar in Angmar, sorry but in my defence (getting all filmy) Gandalf does call him that in the film, so I thought I would get away with it. To Saucepanman, Hi. My very few moans about the film are where Jackson goes too far, he has done marvelous things with these films, I even noticed the walls glittering beneath Helms Deep. The costumes, the places, the visualisation I dont have many problems with, it is when things are changed beyond reason, that my blood boils. Remember this may be a film now, but when the books that have been read by millions, are still being read by millions, people will still be discussing how wrong Jackson character adaptations are/were. I first read Tolkien in the sixties (The Hobbit) and went on to read LotR in the seventies, I feel people like ourselves on this site have a duty to uphold the vision of Tolkien, not Jackson. I remember when the radio series came on air, there was lots of moaning then about missing bits. I can understand leaving things out, but who do they think they are putting bits in that they have blatantly made up. Many people have read Tolkien and have a very personnal relationship with his works, and I say to you my friend, to treat Gandalf this way was wrong. I also do not like how the very solemn and respectable race of dwarves are portrayed, Balin would be spinning in his tomb.

NOMOREIHERE (SILLY ELVEN FOR FAREWELL)
narfforc is offline   Reply With Quote