View Single Post
Old 01-26-2004, 10:12 PM   #47
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>The Great Underhillo's powers of prognostication have not yet been tested, but I admit I wasn't expecting such a strong showing at the Globes.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I wasn't expecting it either! And I am the one who is confident about its Oscar chances! Last night was utterly shocking...<BR>But on to the predictions...<P>I believe that it is going to receive a handful of awards. Most likely a ton of tech nods and of course the main ones.<BR>Here are my predictions...<P>Most Definitely:<BR>Best Picture<BR>Best Director<BR>Art Direction<BR>Visual Effects<BR>Makeup<BR>Cinematography<BR>Sound Editing<BR>Sound<P>Not Sure about:<BR>Costume (This could be a little iffy. FOTR was nominated but lost, and TTT wasn't nominated at all. But I think they will get the nod)<BR>Score (FOTR won, TTT wasn't nominated, but they just got the Globe, so most likely they will get the nod. But I still think there is a chance that it won't happen)<BR>Song (Could still be a little iffy)<P>Won't happen:<BR>Acting Nods (I will be very shocked if Sean Astin or any of the other actors recieve a nomination, I just don't believe it is going to happen. I would think that if they were going to receive a nomiation they would have recieved one from at least one other major critics group already)