View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 06:24 PM   #228
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
"Well, at any rate. It is so good to see you Nain, are you to stay with us again?"

Náin's glare at Crabannan, which was as unconscious at it was suspicious, was broken, and he turned to Kara, who it seemed either did not know how much trouble Crabannan was, or else had decided to ignore it. That was odd--from what Náin remembered, there wasn't much likelihood that Crabannan was anything other than trouble, and his Dwarven tendency towards harbouring unyielding opinions did not predispose him to change his mind.

Crabannan interrupted before Náin could reply, though.

"It's alright, Kara. Náin and I met this morning. Glad to meet any friend of Kara's."

Náin, in his stubbornness, did not want to admit it, but Crabannan almost sounded contrite about their mutual glaring, and it irked him that the troublemaker should be more considerate to Kara than he was. He decided to ignore the matter--and Crabannan--and respond to the question.

"To answer you, Kara, I do not know how long I will be here. I will be here a few days at least, to assess the situation for building in stone with Eodwine--or more likely with Garstan and Stigend. Then I journey to Edoras to meet Gimli and report to him on the same. If he wishes, and King Eomer agrees, I could be back then, and on that matter, do you know if Garstan or Stigend have passed by for breakfast yet? I expect going over the situation, especially if we set up a quarry, as I propose, will take much of the day, and I would get started."

"I'm not sure," said Kara, "but it doesn't matter, because today is a holiday, so I don't expect you'll be getting much work done at all today."

Náin was about to ask what they were celebrating, and with what events, but Crabannan abruptly stood up and resolutely marched into the makeshift kitchen. Kara blanched, and Náin glanced from the kitchen to her.

"Is he not supposed to be in there?" he asked, not sure if he was hoping for a chance to haul the troublemaker out by his toes or that he was finally rid of him for that day.