View Single Post
Old 10-10-2006, 08:06 AM   #109
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Lin held the dagger firmly in her good hand, reassured by its weight in her hands. She paused before leaving the cage that had held her these recent days, scolding herself for being silly, but somehow unable to take that final step out. Freedom...what did that mean? Scyld made an impatient noise, and she walked through the door quickly, nodding agreement to his plan. He moved quickly up the stairs to the cellar door, and she followed him, revelling in the feeling of taking long strides. He slipped out the door and she threw the bolt behind him. I'm finally free of my cage, she thought with a wry grin, and I lock myself in. Quickly she moved back to the outer door.

Now all she could do was wait. Wait, and wonder whether she were making the right decision. Her rescuers were outside the gates of the House: but Sorn was inside. You're doing the right thing, Lin. You have no other choice. He'll kill you in an instant, especially if someone is here to rescue you. Minutes passed. She could hear noises outside the door, but had no way to identify any of them. Please, Scyld, hurry...