View Single Post
Old 04-02-2003, 09:05 AM   #46
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Manardariel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Guys, I´ve been thinking, and I decided to change Anarya´s location from Minas Anor to Isengard. There´s two reasons: a) It would make much more sense, because why would a blacksmith from Minas Anor come to Isengard? I mean, they surely have their own blacksmiths there, so where´s ther point. And another reason is, I thought I might have her know one of the dissapearing people, so she has a real reason to go on the trip. Okay with you?
>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>
First Post:
Mistress, listen to this!" An exited apprentice came bursting into Anarya´s forge, almost making her drop the knife she had been forging.

"Buck! Don´t you ever do that again, you hear? I almost dropped this!"

He hastily apoligized, then started talking again, going 200 miles an hour. Anarya let her attetion level drop to the barest minimum. Once again she wondered if it had been a good idea to make a boy this young her newest apprentice. Buck, who´s father was a poor craftman, spent ages telling her about the smallest incidences. Suddenly, however, she thought she had heard the words "dissapeared" "swords" "work".

"Buck, what did you you just say?" she asked, tentivly.

"I said, another child has dissapeared. And everyone´s sayin´ we should fight back, because the trees have gone to far. And that we should get to work and start makin´ swords and such, because everyone´ll want armour. That´s what I said, and now´ll be off, if you don´t mind."

Thoughtfully, Anarya watched him dissapear. He was right, if there was talk about fighting, paople would turn to her. Anarya´s forge "The Red Forge", on one of the main streets of Isengard, was one of the best of the city. For a moent, she thought of the tree´s victims. She knew one of them- Orodeth had been her nephew, only an infant, when he had been taken. Anarya forced her tears back. She needed to concentrate on her work. But while she heated iron for a sword she swore to herself:
"If there´s a way to get those trees under control, I will be part of it. I swear, I will."