View Single Post
Old 12-07-2004, 01:42 PM   #709
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Food for thought

Morning already? I had lost track. All right.

Speaking of losing track: Although I am uncertain how the team will drive southward, when we finish our stay at Marigold's hut, we will head south. I am thinking of procuring horses for all and sundry. Marigold would not help with that, I think, but the elves might be successful in striking some deal as they go south through Gondor. Once everyone is mounted, south we go.

I'm hoping to finish the game by Winter's end (sometime around March 21, or 25 if that seems more fitting.) I need to sit down one of these days (before or shortly after we leave Marigold's place) and once again figure out the dates and times of travel; thirty to fifty miles a day, from Entwash to Edhellond. I had hoped to have some other forays along the way, but at our current rate it would extend the game another couple of years. So for wahtever reason, the path to Edhellond will be a lot straighter than I had originally planned; maybe because Tharonwe is leading them there (although he is on foot, unless he and Raefindan steal a pair of horses. Hah! They could steal that Merchant's black stallion...)

How precisely to work in the Stone of Erech, I still have to decide.

In the meantime: we are at Marigold's house.
How long will we be there?
What are the things that we want to happen while we are there?
How will we know that it is time to leave?

Other thoughts/ ideas/ concerns/ questions?