View Single Post
Old 01-31-2005, 07:15 PM   #153
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
When I ever find the chance to write, fantasy for that matter, I tend to enrich it with poetry, something I love as a hobby. When I do this, I end up proof-reading it over a million times, even though they are always short stories. Another thing I love to do is encorporate historical fantasical items such as one I used, a spiegeltent which played an important role throughout that story.

Also, I have a bad habit of being a Poe, I always have something of maniacal or of dark humour happen. Another habit is giving characters very detailed backgrounds - Which end up taking a whole page... None if my characters are "goodie-two-shoes" either, I don't know why. Sometimes it would be nice to have some to liven up the text a bit.

Tolkien has effected how I see or specifiy fantasy in some ways, mostly structure. His works are indeed high fantasy works of genius, which most tap insperation out of like a fountain. I don't think I have based any of my works on similar topics and ideals as Tolkien, but it would fun to try.

Well, that's all. Really.

~ Poe Loving Ka~
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote