View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 12:50 PM   #13
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
1420! This is too funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
If Tolkien wanted it to be really hilarious, he might have let the hart be knocked out by knocking Bombur. But it simply ran him over - so is it actually possible that the poor animal was, in fact, even fatter than Bombur?
---
If we are talking about character development - Bilbo becoming braver, the Dwarves becoming more appreciative of him and so on - here is a different way of character development, Bombur becoming, not perhaps fatter (even though one might have expected that after what we've seen*), but more conscious about his fatness.
---
However, we can see that Tolkien did not let his dream disappear completely, and led it to an eucatastrophe with the remark in LotR, where Bombur, finally in the place of peace and plenty, has the room to become as fat as he can get.
Consider yourself repped till I've been to eight more people's scales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
I would think his fingers were too fat to play such instruments, having small keyholes and requiring inhaling/exhaling to play, don't want Bombur to faint from it.
But then, many opera singers (who obviously have huge lungs) are fat too!