View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 09:19 AM   #320
Alphaelin
Wight

Alphaelin has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saucepan Man

Not that I actually know what it's like to be the parent of a teenager yet. I have that delight in store. In just about 5 years' time ...
Compared to teens, Mordor is a picnic in the park. If you don't ask about their day, they complain you don't care. If you do, you're accused of being nosy. If you go out without them, they think you don't want them around. If you request their presence at dinner, they think you're a control freak. If you ask who they are going out with, you're a control freak. If you attempt to use *your* phone or computer, which *you* are paying for, you're trying to come between them and their friends and you're a control freak. God forbid you should ask about school!

And this is from a good kid with (mostly) good judgement and good grades. All I want is a little face-to-face time and some conversation (and the occasional use of my phone and 'puter during normal waking hours). I would never consign my teen to Mordor, but I'd be happy to go there myself just for a break! (Especially if Johnny Depp is still there.)

I didn't see my mom's side of things till I was in my mid-twenties, so I figure I've got another ten years of this before we start getting along again.