View Single Post
Old 02-05-2003, 07:06 PM   #49
Lindril Arvilya
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: In a box at the end of Harrison Ford's street, with a pair of binoculars
Lindril Arvilya has just left Hobbiton.
Question

Personally I really like Star Wars. Return of the Jedi is still my favourite movie after Lord of the Rings (I'm going to count all of them as one, because I know I'll love the third as well). I even enjoy the facfics, I have several books, one which I'm reading right now (Tales From Jabba's Palace). However, they just don't match up to the chivalry and valour of Middle Earth. Possibly because the places and people in LotR are all on our level. They have human emotions, we feel for them, with them. And they're in places we can recognise. Star Wars is out there, unfamiliar, filled with exotic aliens and psychic warriors. Star Wars is great and all, but it just can't stand up to the sheer majesty of Lord of the Rings.
Oh, and by the way, I don't believe those new movies have anything to do with the original SW. The trilogy was brilliant. These new ones are just pathetic. The loyalty and bravery aren't there... they've been replaced with special effects and expensive costumes. Damn them... they've slaughtered Anakin for me.... and don't even start on Jar-Jar Binks. One of my so-called friends likes imitating his voice... at any given opportunity... I'm gonna kill him....