View Single Post
Old 10-13-2003, 12:29 PM   #29
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Himaran has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Himaran
Sting

This game is so incredibly awesome, and has so many of my gaming aquaintices in it, that I couldn't help but play....

Note: I put this together pretty quickly as I was worried the place would be taken. I will do as much editting as necessary to make it fit if need be.

I will be applying for the Male Antagonist position that still remains open.

1.) Have you ever played in an RPG at the Barrow Downs? – YES - The Hobbit’s Gift, The Road to Erebor, Quest for the Ainereg, Sailing Away, The Summons, In the Shadow of the Star, Flight from Rohan, Resettling the Lost Kingdom.

2.) How many RPG’s on the Barrow Downs are you currently involved in - 1

List them, please:

Resettling The Lost Kingdom.

3.) Have you posted in The Green Dragon Inn or in The White Horse in Rohan? – YES – BOTH

For your character please include:

NAME: Jurex Quetell

RACE: Man, (Corsair)

WEAPONS: Jurex is a knife fanatic, and has an enormous collection (many of which he has taken from his victims). As a rule he carries three with him at all times, hung individually on a strap across his back and chest. A hefty scimatar is his battle weapon, but it is usually kept at his small hut along the docks.

APPEARANCE: Jurex gives off a sense of a battle-hardened warrior that has seen far too many winters at see. Both his piercing brown eyes survived his years of warfare, but his left ear was lost and his entire body is covered in deep scars. His long, black hair is braided, and his three golden teeth add to his fiersome appearance. Tattoos are frequent over his arms, chest and back. His clothing is slightly better; there are few holes in his pants and shirt, but there is a gash out of right boot. His swashbuckling appearance is added to by the black bandana that is held tight around his forhead; the sign worn by one of his past crews.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES:

Jurex is a man who cares for no one but himself. He is not purely evil, but the fact that he murdered his father and elder brother over a miniscule heirloom does not paint him in a very good light. Though he is not a well-known criminal, most honest citizens give him a wide berth. This appeals to Jurex, as it makes him feel power over them. He is fairly quiet, and ignores anyone that cannot bring him profit.

HISTORY:

Jurex grew up living and working on the docks of Umbar, as his father forced him to do so. Neglected by his remaining family, he grew up in a world of loneliness and despair. However, the treatment slowly taught Jurex how to survive on his own, and he became a notorious thief at a young age.

After the family dispute that ended the lives of his last two bretheren, Jurex left Umbar and began his life as a corsair. This career continued for nearly ten years, until the fateful battle with a Gondorian cruiser which sunk his vessel and destroyed the entire crew; leaving Jurex floating on a hunk of the wreckage in a hostile ocean.

Eventually reaching land, Jurex began to scrape out a living as a handyman on the docks. But his fortune began to turn when he met a man that became his greatest ally. Together with another conspirator, the corsair was confident that they could carry out their scheme successfully.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Himaran's post

The knife sped out of his hand and into the target on the wall. Dead in the center.

A mixture of cheers and boos ensued, and the challenger reluctantly pushed the pile of gold and jewelery across the table. It was but another successful bet for Jurex, the champion knife thrower of the Black Keel Tavern. Chuckling inwardly, he patted the man on the shoulder and snatched a sack from another table to collect his coveted loot.

The crowd dispersed quickly, the interested patrons soon moving off to watch and join in other card games and contests. Glad to see them go, Jurex retrieved his knife from the wall and gathered up his few posessions. Satisfied with his winnings for the day, the corsair decided to return home; but not before he had treated himself to a drink using his new earnings.

As he sat at the bar enjoying his mug of brandy, a new customer entered the room. From the corner of his eye Jurex could tell that it was a woman, but he did not recognize her until she got closer; Acacia. After scaning the room, she sureptitiously proceeded to amble over to the bar. Seating herself next to the man, she ordered a small drink and sipped it slowly. Speaking in a low tone, she addressed Jurex. "Jythralo wants to speak with you; he is certain that someone knows."

"How much does - "he" - know?"

"My exact words to Jythralo when I spoke with the man a few a hours ago. 'Enough,' he claimed; but more important to the problem is who knows." Here she paused, possibly for effect.

"Devon Thrann, Jurex ... the ambassador's son knows."

Jurex inhaled deeply, sucking air between his teeth. Lovely, the ambassador could be alerting the authorities as of this minute. "Strictly speaking, it Devon Thrann knows much at all, we're doomed."

Acacia continued; "Not true. We may be able to discredit the boy, or deal with the matter through a slightly more efficient method..."

Jurex nodded. "I will speak with Jythralo. Hopefully, we can develop a quick plan to effectively end the matter; whether or not the use of force is necessary." The conversation over, the two conspirators left individually, taking separate exits. But a single question burned in the minds of each.

How much is 'enough'?

[ October 21, 2003: Message edited by: Himaran ]