View Single Post
Old 06-13-2006, 04:49 PM   #8
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Okay, I came up with a very very rough list of characters, just to get an idea of what we’re looking at. The lowest I thought we could go would be 11 players counting ourselves, which I suppose isn’t too bad. I tried to explore as many options as I could, so the list seems longer than it really is.

I divided the two groups into simply ‘From Gondor’ and ‘In Mordor,’ the former group meaning those sent by Aragorn, and the latter meaning those that are already in Mordor (ex-slaves, escapees, rebel Orcs).

Also, I’ve tentatively put myself in a spot for a Man character in the group from Gondor, and in a spot for an ex-slave character. I’m not sure at this point which one I would want as my main character and which one I would want as my secondary character (that also depends on what would work best for the game), so right now both are kind of in the list as ‘main characters.’

Oh, and a really important question: are we counting Dwarves in here at all? They’re even more reclusive than the elves, and so I think we have lots of reasons to doubt that a Dwarf would be among the group from Gondor, but I thought I’d leave it open to that possibility.

First, I listed the “Characters Needed,” not counting our characters in the totals. Then, I listed the totals including our characters. By our characters, I mean the two I plan on and your elf. Factoring in any other character you plan on playing should be easy.

And obviously we need to determine whether or not the gender of any of the characters is an issue (mainly with the Gondor crew).

Characters Needed

Main Characters

From Gondor

3 Men, male or female(?)
1 Hobbit, male or female(?)

OR

2 Men
1 Hobbit
1 Dwarf

OR

2 Men
1 Hobbit
1 Elf, male or female(?)

OR

1 Man
1 Hobbit
1 Elf
1 Dwarf

OR

2 Men
2 Hobbits

-----------------------

In Mordor

1 Ex-slave
2-3(?) Escapees - Men
2-3(?) Rebel Orcs

----------------------------------------------

Secondary Characters

In Mordor

We at least would need:
1-3 more Escapees – Men
1-2 more Rebel Orcs
1 more Ex-slave

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Characters
(Including owners’ characters)

Main Characters

From Gondor

4 Men, male or female(?) (3 + Durelin’s character)
1 Hobbit, male or female(?)
1 Elf (Lindir - Child of the 7th Age)

OR

3 Men (2 + Durelin’s character)
1 Hobbit
1 Dwarf
1 Elf (Lindir - Child of the 7th Age)

OR

3 Men, male or female (2 + Durelin’s character)
1 Hobbit
2 Elves (1 + Lindir - Child of the 7th Age)

OR

2 Men (1 + Durelin’s character)
1 Hobbit
2 Elves (1 + Lindir - Child of the 7th Age)
1 Dwarf

OR

3 Men (2 + Durelin’s character)
2 Hobbits

-----------------------

In Mordor

2 Ex-slaves (1 + Durelin’s character)
2-3(?) Escapees - Men
2 Rebel Orcs

----------------------------------------------

Additional Secondary Characters

In Mordor