View Single Post
Old 09-28-2005, 09:57 PM   #1279
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Perky Ent
hmmm....

Aranwe -> Voronwe -> Tuor -> Elrond -> Cirdan -> Aranarth

I orginally had Tuor -> Earendil -> Elrond, but I assumed Tuor would see his Grand son before he left Middle Earth.

...but then I'm also assuming I'm correct :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilpaurion Felagund
Correct
Actually, Milord Felagund, I think that that may be an incorrect answer. I believe that it's generally accepted that Tuor left Middle-Earth PRIOR to the birth of Elrond and Elros. Checking with the Silmarillion leaves it a LITTLE unclear, but Tuor and Idril's departure is listed at the end of "The Fall of Gondolin" chapter, while the birth of the twins occurs at the start of "The Voyages of Earendil". Furthermore, I believe that comparisom with the History of Middle-Earth will bear me out.

T'is a minor quibble, however, since I believe that one can skip right over Earendil and Elrond and go: Tuor -> Cirdan. It says in the "Fall of Gondolin" that mariners of Cirdan came to the aid of the refugees (including Tuor), and it seems likely that at some point, Tuor would have met Cirdan. If not, Earendil certainly did, since the two of them worked together quite closely.

Just a quibble, and by no means let me interrupt the game. I just thought that since this game is based on sure connections, one ought to discourage Tuor -> Elrond ere it became prevalent.

~The Picky One -
Formendacil~