View Single Post
Old 05-25-2005, 11:54 PM   #700
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

"You look...well. I trust you have not come across too much trouble since leaving our company--though I do not doubt that if you wanted it, you could have stirred up some of your own."

Aeron sniggered and then fell silent. He felt slightly awkward standing here in the cold night and wondering what was bothering Ravion. "All that troubled me were memories, and there is naught to fear from memories." Aeron stopped and sighed, before flopping down to the ground and staring at the stars.

"My sister heard that the stars had names," he told Ravion as he plucked a long strand of grass and began to chew it. "I never was much interested in that," he added. "All they are are jeweles in the sky, and the friend of elves."

Aeron stopped...he knew he was rambling and he hated it when people rambled. Rambling was nothing but the urge to talk. He never understood why people hated silence...silence was not a bad thing, not a thing to be avoided. Yet it did feel awkward all the same...

"So tell me, Ravion, what brings you out on a night like this, when there is a jolly fire in the Inn with sweet lasses bringing you delicious mugs of spiced wine?"