View Single Post
Old 09-08-2000, 05:59 AM   #7
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Ring

<font face="Verdana"><table><TR><TD><FONT SIZE="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Haunting Spirit
</TD><TD></TD></TR></TABLE>
Literary devices, etc.

Hi Saulotus - Read your post over at xenite. Don't be frustrated at the light response on your postings in this section of the forum. There are a number of reasons for this. Lindil, who is sort of the spear carrier for this project, is doing an extended computer upgrade and is down for a while. I am simply too busy to discuss the issues you raise in detail. Also, this forum is a bit experimental and traffic is spotty. I suspect that if we ever get going, traffic will increase dramatically. In the meantime the Book forum is much livelier. Don't give up!

I've posted on a lot of Tolkien forums and this one is, in my opinion, the best. Some of the others are kind of &quot;Tolkien lite&quot;. Others are too opinionated or even hostile. Some sort of ignore new posters. Here, the people are friendly, post intelligent questions and opinions, and this forum has a great mix of neophytes and would-be Tolkien scholars. Keep posting!

BTW, one of the reasons I have not given a detailed response to your posts is that I agree with much of what you say. I'll get around to disagreeing with some parts of your posts soon.

</p>