View Single Post
Old 06-27-2004, 06:39 PM   #16
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Pio: She wears her hair in a bun that is always threatening to come loose; the colour of her hair is probably auburn or red, most likely a deep brown with red highlights. Her eyes are absolutely brown. She is very tall and walks with great aplomb. She dresses in cotton shifts and dresses only, except when she is gardening, which is when the old overalls come out. She likes to wear hats, but prefers sensible things that keep off the sun to frouffy beflowered things. She has a few freckles and burns easily (hence the hats).
~*~

My eyes are absolutely brown.

I am 5’4” tall, olive skinned (no freckles!) – a mixture of Filipina, Native American, and Irish. I have very, very short dark black hair with silver highlights, usually worn a little spiked.

As to aplomb, I am fairly self-confident but to be honest I am often found be-bopping to some latino music, most likely Cubano, as I walk along. And I am given to singing a cappela in stairwells by myself or with friends.

My friends’ mouths would drop open if they ever saw me in a dress. It’s well-worn jeans and old, soft Camp Nurse t-shirts for me. The one I’m currently wearing says ‘Paddle it! Hike it! Climb it! Bike it!’ and bears the painted handprints of a delightful group of little campers who gave it to me as their favorite candy-giver.

My husband is the one who gardens, and I love to look at his wild, eclectic plantings. I do manage to water my faithful bromeliad and keep my little bamboo plant alive, along with my two cacti.

Hats . . . I do have a large straw hat with a garland of rosebuds round it from the last Grateful Dead concert I attended, along with a number of old buttons from Bob Dylan gigs. I wear it when I go canoeing now, to keep the top of my nose from crisping.

I’ll have to admit I have always wanted to be tall and have thick, curling red hair . . .