Thread: Battles
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2007, 09:13 AM   #472
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil-Galad View Post
it was too easy anyways... and it was Battle of the Camp.
It wasn't. I had to look it up

Okay, so what to post? What about this:

There are many battles commemorated among the defenders of the West (and Beleriand). Once in a while some Gondorian Steward or Elven Lord could rise up at the table and say "Today, we commemorate the 1000th anniversary of the Battle of ..." But what about the other side? Did the followers of the (Great) Enemy commemorate these things? We don't know. But what we know is that they remembered them. And we know of at least one such an event that was remembered under different name than in the Western World. Now what I want from you is to give me that name.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote