View Single Post
Old 03-03-2003, 04:09 PM   #16
DaughterofVana
Wight

DaughterofVana has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Beware! Some movie editions of RotK do not have the complete glossaries. Look before you buy. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

As for me: the paperbacks are a matched set, with a black hobbit, green FotR, blue TT, and a red ROTK. I believe they are from Tor Fantasy, but I'm not completely sure. I know that they're pretty thread-bare. It's the same set with Legolas having a "white mullet" (as in the post above) [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

My Christmas present this year was a matched-set hardcover Houghton Mifflin LOTR, with a large picture from Alan Lee stretched out over all three covers. It has the Nazgul on his "winged steed" in the extreme upper foreground, looking out over what appears to be the White City on the extreme right and a patch of trees on the extreme left. When the covers are removed the books are all plain brown with red lettering on the spine telling the title("The Fellowship of the Ring," etc.) and on the front of each book is the gold ring-script circling the Eye in red. Very cool. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Silmarillion: a picture of the elves, dressed as greeks (white togas), looking out and "ele!"-ing at the stars over the water. It looks like they landed in Hawaii. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] It's rather pretty, though.

-'Vana

Hi! Did you miss me?
DaughterofVana is offline   Reply With Quote