View Single Post
Old 02-09-2003, 09:55 PM   #23
Maédhros
The Kinslayer

Maédhros has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Maédhros
Sting

Quote:
Section 15: Here the reading of D is "Halls of Aman", which was not corrected to "Ea" with the general change Aman>Ea. Christopher notes that this "was obviously an oversight". It should be corrected to "Halls of Ea".
From Morgoth's Ring: Ainulindalë
As usual, Aiwendil is correct. I have made the necessary change.
Quote:
Section 16: Christopher notes that an emendation here in C>D results in a somewhat strange shift of tense. "the . . . delight of Aule was in the deed of making . . . wherefore he gives and hoards not, and is free from care . . ."
I would change the was to is: but the <font color="FFFF00"> delight and pride of Aulë is in the deed of making.
Quote:
Section 17: Christopher notes the omission of "Behold the towers and mansions of ice!" and says that it may have been inadvertant. We must decide whether to add this back in or not.
I would leave it out.
Quote:
It also remains for us to decide how to deal with each of the references to Rúmil, Pengoloð, and Ælfwine.
I think that a vote is in order then, but I think there is a thread about Ælfwine in this section of the forum. I think that his reference should be taken out of the project.
From Morgoth's Ring: Later Quentas
Quote:
§14 Palúrien > Kementári by a pencilled change on LQ 2. This was as it were a casual change, not made in §15 (nor in §5). Kementári occurs in the Valaquenta (p. 202).
I will change Palúrien to Kementári in the text.

[ February 09, 2003: Message edited by: Maédhros ]