View Single Post
Old 02-11-2003, 11:05 PM   #25
Maédhros
The Kinslayer

Maédhros has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Maédhros
Question

Quote:
Hmm. In the preceding sentences, though, the past tense is used. My inclination would be that if we are going to change anything, we should change the present to past.
After reading again paragraph §16, I see your point and agree with the past enmedation.
Quote:
I assume that the removal of Ælfwine does not imply a change in the authorship of the Ainulindalë - there is no reason why it cannot still have been written by Rúmil, and the last few sections added by Pengoloð.
From § 0
I think that we should retain Pengoloð and Rúmil.
Quote:
If we decide to remove the Pengolodh material, this and the subsequent sections will be moved into "Of the Beginning of Days", as in the '77.
From § 31:
I would rather leave Pengoloð in the text.
Quote:
This, I think, must be removed. By the way, is this section numbered out of order for some reason? Or is the section number a mistake?
From § [34]:
No it's not a mistake.
From Morgoth's Ring: Ainulindale
Quote:
D omits the remainder of C §34 concerning the visits of Yavanna and Oromë to Middle-earth (see p. 35), and continues from the beginning of C §35: 'And in the midst of the Blessed Realm were the mansions of Aulë, and there he laboured long.' From this point D becomes again much closer to C, and the differences can be given in the form of notes.
It was just moved from that part in the C version to that part in the D version.
I will try and take a shot at some enmendations another day.