View Single Post
Old 05-07-2003, 11:56 AM   #34
DaughterofVana
Wight

DaughterofVana has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
But you can't say that somebody who disagrees with you on the war on Iraq...
Oh, goodness, I *do* hope we're not talking about *that*. I was talking about Tolkien. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Quote:
Blue is a concept that can be physically demonstrated and tested, we can never KNOW those things which we cannot test.
But we really weren't talking about the color blue, or red, or green, or apples, or whatever. We were using metaphors, which is really the only way to talk about something that has no substantial, "real" (to use a cliche) value. Sure, the blue and red analogy may be faulty. But don't attack the analogy, because that's the only thing people can use to talk about things beyond our comprehension. You may not agree about my opinion that Jesus Christ was who He said He was (or the fact that I capitalize the "h" in "He" :grin : ) but He often would use metaphors to get His point across, because He was talking about things that we, as people in a 3D world with basically no knowledge of anything Above it, couldn't get otherwise. Talking about fruits and seeds and vines... he wasn't *actually* talking about plants. Do you get my meaning?

And just for the record--my red flower was once a red apple. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

-'Vana

[ May 07, 2003: Message edited by: DaughterofVana ]

[ May 07, 2003: Message edited by: DaughterofVana ]

Hi! Did you miss me?
DaughterofVana is offline   Reply With Quote