Thread: Female Orcs?
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2003, 12:07 PM   #50
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

Hmm. A couple of points:

Quote:
... perhaps they were "dedicated breeders," constantly pregnant, giving birth, or becoming pregnant.
Now just how many children did Rosie Cotton Gamgee bear, as one of the Free Peoples? A baker's dozen, wasn't it?

Quote:
I think they do exist, in exactly the same way that Dwarf-women do, and that the role of the female is an important comment on what both these races were like. Warlike and insensitive, almost pure Yang/male energy, without the necessary balance.
This comparison between dwarves and orcs greatly overstates any superficial similarity. Dwarves were neither warlike nor insensitive, and were, in fact, more immune to the effects of the rings than any other race. They were children of Aule, after all, and not Melkor, they appreciate beauty and creating things, and are said to have a role in rebuilding Arda after the final fall.

Bethberry