View Single Post
Old 08-26-2014, 08:09 AM   #38
FerniesApple
Haunting Spirit

FerniesApple has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
FerniesApple, I agree that Lotrelf is exaggerating by saying most movie fans hate Frodo. However, your belief that everyone else here is judging by Wood's acting and appearance rather than by the character's actions or dialogue also seems to me quite unfounded. The complaints voiced on this thread have mostly been too specific to bear that interpretation.

Besides, if you were right, it would show he was miscast, wouldn't it?
No. it wouldnt.
I am trying to understand why the people on this forum seem to dislike Woods performance and am putting forward hypothetical reasons why. The 'characters actions or dialogue' and his acting are one and the same thing. I am saying perhaps Wood has been misjudged by not 'looking' like people imagined Frodo from the books, and perhaps he has 'acted' in a manner unlike imagined from the books, but that is down to personal taste more than any serious flaws or deviations from the original. The message is the same even if the messenger is speaking in an unfamiliar accent. I dont think they did Frodo a disservice by making him gentler, I think it made him more interesting, but thats my personal opinion.

Last edited by FerniesApple; 08-26-2014 at 08:15 AM.