View Single Post
Old 04-06-2002, 08:04 AM   #20
Amarinth
Wight

Amarinth has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
The only theory I've been able to come up with - such as it is - is that the Orc females are all in places like the Misty Mountains and safe underground holes like those, which is why they don't come into LOTR at all - they're keeping the home fires burning, probably in more ways than one. Orcs don't like being out in the daylight anyway (except for the Fighting Uruk-Hai, but well, they were weird anyway) so there are probably hidden colonies in places like those where the off-duty Orcs presumably return. I can't see them marrying ("Till mutual backstabbing us depart") but there'd probably be a good bit of domestic violence. Though honestly it's easy to picture the Orc-women giving as good as they get.
lol! you're consistently eloquent AND funny, kalimac. i was mulling over your post and arrived at the same guesses, that is, places in the lotr where a considerable population of orcs have been mentioned. incidentally, it may be possible that there are only a small proportion of women-orc relative to the ubiquitous male, just enough to, ah, keep the evil bosses' business open. don't need too many women around anyway as the likes of laundry, dusting etc. are not level one priority in your normal orc household. funny, i had the same impression about there being few women elves --

uruk-hai are weird -- LOL -- you mean aside from them being ORCS? [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

---------------------------------------------
every man's life is a path to the truth -- hesse