View Single Post
Old 03-25-2004, 08:47 PM   #21
Maédhros
The Kinslayer

Maédhros has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Maédhros
Quote:
I changed the order of the inserted passages to bring it more in its natural order. I skipped my first addition of Gil-galad, because it is not necessary at all. Also I added the fates of Egalmoth and Galdor since that added some info to the battle. At least Galdor should be named since he is possibly the later Galdor of the Havens in the council of Elrond.
I really do not like at all, this addition. It seems to much of a liberty for us to take in this.
Also, I don't think that it is mutually exclusive for us to have Gil-Galad, regardless of whether he left to go with Círdan, for him not to be at Sirions Mouth in the time of the attack of the Fëanorians.
I rather liked Findegil use of the Lothrim in there. Also, if we follow the idea that Sirions Mouth refers to the area in general and not exaclty to the Mouths of Sirion it can work, now that we know that Círdan kept a foothold in the Mouths of Sirion.