View Single Post
Old 04-01-2004, 11:09 AM   #33
Maédhros
The Kinslayer

Maédhros has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Maédhros
Quote:
About Gil-galad again: I must addmit that my additions in VE-10 are a bit "blocky". But I would like to add the informations about Egalmoth and Galdor. May be we could collect them together as a kind of retrospect?
But I did more than only add these two heros from FoG. I did skipt Gil-galad from any action in the battle. I only in re-reading understood that these could solve our problem with the meaning of "Sirions mouth" in the Gil-galad note. As the § stands now, Gil-galad is only mentioned as leading the survivors of the thrid kinslaying to the Isle of Balar. Thus the text as I posted it is open for any interpretation that is wanted by the read. Gil-galad could have been in the fight or he could have come with Círdan. It has worked well in FoG to be ambigous when we could not decide.
My problem with using especifically the name of Galdor and Egalmoth is that I think that it would be too much of a liberty from my point of view. If you can use the principles to convince me that it is ok, I might change my mind.