View Single Post
Old 04-11-2016, 06:45 PM   #1804
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatElvenWarrior View Post
I was chatting with a coworker today about the difference between geeks and nerds and I mentioned my membership at this here bunch o barrows. He said, "The Barrow-downs?" and I took it as him not knowing about it. Turns out he has read the book and we discussed Tom Bombadil at length. It was fun and I'm so glad that we could chat. That, I will assign to the Shire any day
I second that with a great second!

I also add those times when you can just come up and chat with complete strangers because you share a common nerddom. Recently, I got acquainted with a guy who was wearing a Game of Thrones shirt and a couple girls who were discussing Doctor Who monsters. Sharing nerd (or geek) obsessions makes you instant friends, and makes it easier to strike up conversations. So I assign geeks to the Shire any day, and geeks who show it I assign twice!