View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 07:14 PM   #29
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
"I'll take two and a half dozen for the bread your beast stole, what with them being small, and what's to say they won't be bitter anyway?"

Two and a half dozen! That is about a quarter of all that I have! Pushing down any indignant feelings, Ghalakrėd firmly resolved to stand by her earlier thoughts. She will not beg.

"They are not bitter. It is early for apples, but this bunch is good stuff," she said stiffy, looking straight into the baker's eyes. "And if you do not trust my word, you can try them for yourself before we make it a deal." Of course she does not trust such folk as I am. She is just like the other Gondorians. Ghalakrėd doubted that the woman would challenge her further, so she turned and bent over to reach the bucket. She pulled it closer with some effort before picking up four fruit and putting them on the shelf in front of the baker. "Where do you want them? Do you have a basket handy to put them in?"