View Single Post
Old 06-04-2015, 03:43 PM   #329
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Some quick reactions to a few things I found suspicious or worthy of attention that I bumped into as I read...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Furthermore, I think the fact that the second person killed was tp is telling. I doubt the wolves thought tp was Gifted - unless they figured he was bluffing, or double bluffing, or whatever, but that's a hard loop to get into when it's all centered around tp. My thought is that, if the pack which killed tp had had a solid lead on a Gifted, they would have gone with that over tp. Therefore, I don't think it's a terrible assumption to say that neither pack had a solid lead on a Gifted last Night, and that both went with other options.
Oho! Well here is a suspicious thing if I have ever seen one. This sounds exactly like a Wolf accidentally telling about what they were telling their packmates at Night. "Our pack didn't have a solid lead on Gifted, so that's what happened." Just a note, but made Lottie jump further on my list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil View Post
I don't think the idea should be written off either, however as I've indicated it's much more likely they were trying to target a potential seer than a wolf from a different pack. What bothered me about Sally's post was how she immediately jumped to that conclusion that "Well they must have thought Rune was a wolf". Why must that have been the immediate conclusion? You don't strike me as suspicious because you are looking at other sides and sticking your neck out a bit. But when such an early post comes to an immediate and seemingly definitive conclusion that is somewhat counter-intuitive and the other possibility isn't even consider, yes I will consider that suspicious.
And this also a bit. The second part ("you don't strike me as suspicious...") is suddenly quite defensive, quite unnecessarily, I would say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
The wishy-washiness of Firefoot's suspicions is the sort that often strikes me as wolfy fishing "let's put forward some candidates but not commit, see if anyone nibbles".
Agreed. Personally I do not know what to make of Firefoot, it isn't particularly striking impression, but the bit of wishy-washiness is there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil View Post
In the cold light of day, the Agan/Lommy spat seems to have vanished as quickly as it started,which is either proof of innocence or a sign of Nightly discussion in my mind, which makes me think for the first time that they might be littermates.
Interesting opinion! Wouldn't have occured to me, but at least on purely theoretical basis, why not. I am not too inclined to believe it, but it is possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Just popping in to say I'm not particularly happy with the options at the moment. I don't have much time but how do others feel about Firefoot, and about Lottie? These loud, controversial people - Agan, Mac - seem less and less wolfish to me, and I don't see much of a case against Morm.
I just mentioned Lottie above (and Firefoot too, in fact), I am not sure if I would really go so far to vote for them. Mac does not seem any less suspicious to me than before, there is an aura of uncertainity about him, although too, he wouldn't yet probably get my vote. My top suspect still remains to be Greenie, and in regards to what she said herself, I think I could rephrase: it isn't really that she is being nice, it is that she is too happy. And if there is anything she is happy about, it's being a Werewolf. It's simply the whole behavior and attitude, while also stirring the pot without being involved in any horrible brawl (which could get her under scrutiny) and being noncommital.

I will probably post a list of what I think of everyone now, also for personal clarification.

EDIT: x-ed with the last few
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories

Last edited by Legate of Amon Lanc; 06-04-2015 at 03:48 PM.
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote