View Single Post
Old 07-31-2004, 11:54 AM   #33
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

The Perky Ent has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Perky Ent
White Tree

Oh, I've got a really thought out explanation for this! The , comes from the english word the, meaning the definite article used before singular or plural nouns and noun phrases that denote particular, specified persons of things. Perky, comes from the adjective meaning Having a buoyant or self-confident air. And finally, Ent, comes from the word Ent, meaning a large, life-like tree. When you connect them all, you get The Perky Ent: A self-confident large, life-like tree that is used before singualr or plural nouns!

Ok, seriously now. I chose The Perky Ent, as it is a good name. Not everything in life has meaning. I'm not actually an ent (though I don't admit it often), there is no heroic story of me traveling the seven seas in search of a perfect name. It just happened. Actually, my predicessor was The Hasty Ent, but, when introduced to the magic of sugar, The Perky Ent took over. And I wouldn't have it any other way
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'
The Perky Ent is offline   Reply With Quote