View Single Post
Old 03-14-2007, 02:40 PM   #323
The Elf-warrior
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Elf-warrior is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via Skype™ to The Elf-warrior
Dark-Eye Phantom slays Astronomer!

By Michael Delving

The Phantom was arrested for the murder of astrobiologist Leonard Crusher on Sunday. He repeatedly shouted, "I've been framed by the Master!" According to a draft of a press release leaked by a source close to the police department, The Phantom was angry over Dr. Crusher's insistence that there is no such thing as extraterrestrial life. According to the draft report, The Phantom angrily insisted that he was regularly visited by a destructive alien who has repeatedly destroyed his flower bed. Allegedly, Dr. Crusher replied, "Yeah, and I suppose you're also Death's buddy," and was shot repeatedly with an automatic revolver by an enraged Phantom. PC davem and DCI Lalwendė have refused to give any direct comment on the matter. The Saucepan Man, The Phantom's lawyer has also refused comment. "Until I investigate this matter further, I'm not saying anything. It would be too unbelievable. Until such a time, don't believe everything that's leaked to you. Again and again, my client's chances have been prejudiced by innuendo, half-truths, and outright fabrications by court and police officials." Beverly Crusher, the slain man's sister, commented that she found the whole matter "heartbreaking and inexplicable". davem has vigorously denied that either the courts or the police are in the habit of deliberately leaking evidence. "That's absurd," he said. "I am sad to see that The Saucepan Man has stooped to such paronoia. Almost everyone we arrest is guilty, so naturally anything that gets leaked by rogue members of the police and judicial system reflects negatively on his clients."