View Single Post
Old 08-08-2003, 08:52 AM   #9
Neferchoirwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Neferchoirwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Neferchoirwen
Ring

Quote:
Varda didn't 'create' the Elves, she only loved them. As did all the Valar.
Thanks for teh correction again, Mr Windlord, sir. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
It's been a while since I last read the Sil.

Quote:
Male and female, then, are the two alternate forms of being that are present in the very essence of even the Ainur. Therefore maleness and femaleness go beyond the biological side of things, and are inherent qualities (one or the other) in all beings
What I'm getting here is that they are "beings" in the spiritual sense of the word meaning that they do not possess a physically "feminine" nor a physically "masculine" form. I may be too technical right there, but it's all for explaining it to myself (and for everyone else reading this) for a more concrete grasp...

Quote:
'Love' as we know it probably has something to do with this. Male and female, it would seem -- as we see in the Valar -- are drawn to one another
So procreation then, is not part of their relationship, or, a part of their love for one another. I get that. The most important thing there is that they work best when they are together. And when they are together, their dynamic as a "team" (for the lack of a better word) is a product of their relationship. (kinda makes me look forward to that kind of relationship [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img])

Yin and Yang, if you will.
Neferchoirwen is offline   Reply With Quote