View Single Post
Old 05-09-2006, 08:02 PM   #3105
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

First, I would just like to say that Day 1s can be very important. Events that happen the opening day can set things on course for a victory for one side or the other. A couple of games I've been in you might say were won or lost on the first day.

Second, we can't exactly compare this game to other Werewolf games. The dynamics are completely different. For instance, depending on what the EW chooses to do, it is possible that the wolves will have no clue who the other wolves are, thus there will truly be no patterns in voting to examine to help us catch wolves, and so even if we catch a wolf on Day 1 the votes might not tell us anything and Day 2 will be another Day 1.

There are also a couple of small but important factors that will change things, but I don't want to mention them. Those are eggs I'd like to sit on until after the game is in progress.

All in all, it is possible that every day will have a Day 1 feel to it until the GW decides to step out of the shadows. I'm going to go back on my earlier prediction (that the GW would step forward in 3 or 4 days), and instead predict that he/she'll be out as early as Day 2, or for sure by Day 3. But I certainly won't go into detail about the reasoning behind my prediction- not now. You'll just have to wait for the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki
There are a few flaws to be exploited in the game. I'm loathe to point them out, however, because I am not yet aware which side I will be playing for.
Indeed, there are a few nuggets I'm saving for myself. It will be interesting to see who else has been thinking along the same lines once the game is rolling along.