Thread: Hunted RPG
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2004, 04:33 PM   #9
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
The Eye

ElenCalaIsil's post

Ivy looked out, on the bank of the Brandywine. A cold wind rustled the leaves and brought a chill to her body. It had never been this cold in her life. The river was covered in a thin sheet of ice, and there was an air of danger about. Ivy drew her cloak about her, keeping out the prying fingers of winter’s cold wind. She stood staring past the river. A few other Shire-folk peered out from behind trees. Ivy turned to see them, and walked away. Something was not right. As she walked down the familiar path, the folks came out of their homes and gave Ivy a look. She saw that they were worried. Picking up the pace, Ivy walked towards the Great Smials, where Melody Took would await her.

It was fairly obvious to Ivy, why Melody had summoned her, it lingered in the air, it was in the faces of the Hobbit-children. It was in the ice that covered the Brandywine. Secretly, Ivy looked forward to what was coming, but she kept a solemn look upon her face, one to match the people she passed on her way. Melody had the inside word, and Ivy would not let her slip past without knowing. As she drew nearer to the place where she would rendezvous with Melody, she grew excited. A smile crept upon her face, and she was met with frowns. Ivy ignored the Hobbits’ looks and kept walking. She sensed the opportunity to go on an adventure.

When at last Ivy came closer to Great Smials, a Hobbit-lass came towards her. A worried look upon her face. Ivy’s smile receded into concern, as Melody nodded, and motioned her to come closer. As Ivy approached, she saw a group of Hobbits, gathered a bit farther behind Melody. They seemed reluctant, about something, and they all had large packs with them. They spoke in hushed voices, and Ivy listened. Melody took her aside and explained the ordeal. “Rivendell?” Ivy asked incredulously, when Melody had finished her tale. Melody nodded once more. Ivy stood, staring out at nothing, lost in thought. They would need strong Hobbits, to carry back a plenty. The crops were dying, and something had to be done.

“I will come. I don’t carry much for myself, anyhow. I can carry supplies for the others. They can’t rely on the ponies, and wagons alone.” Ivy said hurriedly. She was sure someone would protest, but she was determined nonetheless. Ivy was known for her mischievous ways, and this was a serious journey. But the yearning to go on an adventure, even one such as this, gnawed at her heart. She knew that Melody would expect this of her. She tilted her head in question.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 6:03 PM January 12, 2004: Message edited by: piosenniel ]