Thread: Hunted RPG
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2004, 04:20 PM   #21
ElenCala Isil
Shade of Carn Dûm

ElenCala Isil has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to ElenCala Isil Send a message via Yahoo to ElenCala Isil
Sting

Ivy tried to explain correctly what had happened with her encounter with the dwarf, but it seemed that every time she tried to continue, Tom or Melody cut her off and explained what she had told them so far. She sighed and looked at the others. The look on Estelle’s face was enough for Ivy to know what she was thinking, and at that notion, the dwarf’s suggestion to make for Bree suddenly sprang to mind. There’s no way that we can go to Rivendell, that much is clear now…I suppose it’s time to tell the others about Bree.

Once more Ivy lifted up her voice to speak ‘Um…guys, I think there’s something I should tell you…’ It was a failed attempt, and after repeating the same various times, being cut off every time, Ivy became a bit annoyed. Now there was loud chattering, and debate going on about what to do now. At last, Ivy could stand it no longer, and she shouted. ‘STOP!!’

Her voice was so loud, that everyone immediately stopped talking and looked at Ivy awkwardly. She smiled a weak smile and hesitated a moment. Tom looked at her, expecting to say something. Ivy cleared her throat and began.

‘Okay, I need to tell you all something more the dwarf told me. This one time, no interruptions, please?’

Tom nodded and motioned for her to continue. ‘Go on,’ said Melody in a soft voice.

‘Well, I think it’s pretty clear that we can’t go to Rivendell anymore, but the dwarf did tell me that there was a different road we could take – one that leads to Bree.’

Ivy was relieved to get that out, and sighed. She leaned against a wall, and waited for the others to reply. There were a few moments of silence, which made Ivy twitch uncomfortably. As last, Tom spoke, ‘Why didn’t you tell us this before, Ivy?’

Ivy smiled sheepishly and replied in a small voice, ‘I tried to.’

She withdrew herself from the immediate crowd of hobbits who were now talking amongst themselves about going to Bree. She sat in a chair near the edge of the room, and sighed yet again, waiting for an immediate response. The suspense was killing her, and she couldn’t wait until the decision was made, and they would set off.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 5:20 PM January 22, 2004: Message edited by: ElenCala Isil ]