Thread: Hunted RPG
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2004, 05:41 PM   #23
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Niluial has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Niluial Send a message via MSN to Niluial
Sting

Melody joined the gathered and talking hobbits. Ivy sat at the side of the group, not wanting to have much to do with the conversation, as she was still far too shaken and cold to even think, let alone chat. The talking was now slowly becoming less talking and more arguing, fighting. Melody stood up. “Alright, everyone! Enough.” She tapped her foot impatiently on the ground.
The room quieted down when the hobbits saw the angry expression on Melody’s face.
”We can’t go to Rivendell, we can't. So it's not even an option. I vote we take the road to Bree! It sounds safer... it might not be, but it’s the best chance we’ve got,” said Melody.

There was a long pause; the silence was maintained as everybody sat and thought. Tom paced the room nervously, waiting for a reply or even a noise.
One of the hobbits looked up “Well, I say we go using the Bree road!” Others piped up, chiming in to voice their opinions, more seeming to lean towards Melody’s idea than the initial one.
“Well, if you disagree, don’t bother coming along! I would like us all to come home alive, with the supplies, and if going to Rivendell will prevent that, then I don’t want to take the chance,” Tom explained. He was in one of his serious and very motivated moods.

It was decided, after a couple more minutes of discussion, that they would take the road to Bree to get the food supplies. Some were content with this decision; others not so much. Finally, all the hobbits wandered homewards, except for Tom, Ivy and Daisy. Melody insisted that they stay for more tea. She hated being left alone in her home, because it was cold and she thought too much when alone. She loved serving on others, making tea... for that matter, anything to do with having- and entertaining- company.

They all sat and sipped their warm tea, which was now running short. Melody had made a mushroom pie which each guest got a slice of. Melody was short on many things, mushrooms, flour, tea, and the ingredients for cake batter. She was starting to get worried and knew that the journey had to happen soon. She walked into the sitting area carrying more twigs for the fire.
”I think we should leave soon," Melody said, looking at Tom. Ivy and Daisy nodded.
“When will we leave, Tom?” Ivy asked with a worried expression.
“How about two days from now? That will give us time to pack and get the needed supplies for the journey,” Melody said, adding the twigs to the crackling fire. "I also heard that we are having a going away party. I have no idea who is throwing it, but I think it is a good idea. It will be good encouragement and something for us to look forward to!" Melody said with a slight smile on her face. She loved going to parties, any occasions as long as there was food and pints.

Tom laughed, one Melody hadn’t heard in a while and then he said "Well, I think it is a great idea! And yes, we shall leave in two days time! And we will have to tell the others." With that Tom stood up, and so did the rest. Melody’s heart sank: they were leaving.

"Let me get your coats for you!" Melody insisted, rushing off to the coat hanger. They all left at once: not even one hobbit stayed, as it was getting late. Melody watched them walk off, disappearing one by one into the empty whiteness of the snow.

She walked back inside and closed the door. I wish I knew how Tom felt about me. I will express my feelings to him, one day, not long from now... Melody thought to herself.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 6:46 PM January 23, 2004: Message edited by: Niluial ]