Thread: Hunted RPG
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2004, 02:50 PM   #30
Fool Of A Took
Haunting Spirit

Fool Of A Took has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

After his short breakfast Cedric began to pack his things he might need on the journey. He picked up his finest pipe from a wooden box that he had under his bed. I hope I will have time for this, he thought and put it in his backpack. He also packed down extra clothes, rope, all the food he could find, some kitchen equipment like knives and pots. When he had packed te most of these things he walked over to the fireplace. He took up a long knife that he had beside the fireplace. He lifted it up, and started swinging it in the air. It was light and it was very sharp. If there will be orcs and wargs around, I am ceratinly going to need this. He also picked up a short hunting bow and a few arrows that had been his fathers. He was very interested in archery. Now, the biggest problem remained. To tell his mother about all the dangers that had came to their knowledge. He scratched himself in the head and tried to think of a way to tell her. He decided to go to her and tell her right away, after all he was a grown up hobbit now, and he should follow his own paths, even if it wasn't the right path.

Just when he was about to leave and walk to his mother, he took notice of his old hammock. It was filled with the pouderwhite snow and the pear trees that were planted beside looked like they were dead. They had always been giving him good pears when he was laying in the hammock and maybe read a book. He smiled for himself as the memories of the warm summer came back to him.

"What are you smiling at?" his neighbour Crystal said and seemed like she was going to laugh at him.

"Me? Ehrm, nothing?" Cedric said as he woke up from his day dreaming and coughed.

"Are you leaving to reach Bree for supplies?" She asked and her voice became more serious and sad.

"Yes, but I don't know when." Cedric said and looked down at his feets.

"You better take care of yourself." Crystal said and her voice sounded very serious.

"I will" Cedric said very shortly.

They took a short farewell of each other and Cedric started to walk to his mother. Maybe this is not such a good idea anyway, he thought as he made his way to his mothers hobbit hole.